What if I am not an immediate family member?

You must have either the Substitute Application based on Notarized Statement or a legal document proving tangible interest in the certificate. Applications can be picked up in our office or downloaded from the website.

Show All Answers

1. Who can request a certified copy of a birth or death certificate?
2. What if I am not an immediate family member?
3. What is tangible interest?
4. What if I don't have a valid I.D. or Driver License?
5. Can I request a "copy" of my birth certificate without paying the $23 fee?
6. I was not born in Texarkana, but I was born in Texas. Can I obtain a certificate in your office?
7. What is the difference between a "Long" form and an "Abstract" birth certificate?
8. I know I was born in Texas, but there is not a record on file for me. What do I need to do?